BSET Endovascular Training Course 2020
This innovative two-day course will provide extensive hands-on practical training in the principles and practicalities of endovascular management of vascular diseases, aimed at senior vascular trainees and new consultants. Attendees will be mentored in small groups by senior members of BSET and key industry personnel.
The training course will comprise four sessions through which each group will rotate:
Session 1: Lower Limb Workshop: "The good, the bad and the ugly"
Delegates will be taught
- A safe and reliable technique for intervention (The good)
- Understand difficult anatomy and tips and tricks to overcome the challenges (The Bad)
- Know the common complications and bail outs (The Ugly)
Session 2: Venous Workshop
- Thermal options for treating varicose veins
- Non-thermal treatment of varicose veins
- Using IVUS in deep venous reconstruction
- Rapid thrombus removal options in acute DVT
- Deep Venous Stenting - getting it right with patient selection, technique, post-treatment surveillance and maintenance pharmacotherapy
Session 3: Landing Zones
- Proximal landing in the arch – what is a landing zone (aneurysm/dissection) and how can these be optimised with an acceptable risk profile?
- Infra-renal landing – is it a neck? Options and adjuncts in difficult necks and choosing the right device
- Aorto-iliac occlusive disease – Open vs endo, when to CERAB and when kissing is enough
Session 4: The Tricky Middle Bit
- Open versus endo in the extent 4 aneurysm
- When infra-renal repair fails – how can you salvage the situation?
- Innovative solutions to difficult problems – device monitoring, consent and lessons learned
- Open type 4 model
Session 5 will incorporate all the issues discussed in the previous sessions and will be in the form of a MDT situation.
The meeting will be held at Tortworth Court Hotel, Wotton-under-Edge, South Glouceshire GL12 8HH
The local railway station is Yate station, located about 20 minutes from away. The closest main line station is Bristol Parkway station, and is roughly a 30 minute commute.
For travel by car, use the following navigation coordinates 51.6298464, -2.4408838, and postcode (GL12 8HH) to find the hotel. Free parking is available on site.
From the North:
Leave the M5 at Junction 14. Follow the B4509 towards Wotton. On the B4509, go up the hill and take the first right into Tortworth road. After half a mile, the hotel is on the right hand side up a long drive.
From the South:
Leave M5 at junction 14, signposted to Dursley. At the T junction turn right onto the B4509 and follow directions above.
Bristol Airport is a 40 minute drive from De Vere Tortworth Estate via the M5. A typical taxi fare is £30.
The registration fee for the two day course is £425.
This includes the cost of overnight accommodation and dinner on Thursday 26th March, and lunch on both days.
Places are limited to 20 and are available on a first-come first-served basis.